Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! When I started this blog it was all about wire crochet jewelry. I fell in love with the first piece I saw and I had to learn how. I was "hooked"!



Thursday, September 29, 2011

Crocheted Wrap Bracelet


I love the wrap bracelets that are so popular!  In fact, I've got a file full of tutorials stored on my computer!  This one is crocheted with waxed linen cord and hot pink lined clear seed beads.  I learned to do the square knot slide closure which I really like.
 
I like the button closures, but if I may rant for a bit, I get really frustrated with the selection and price of buttons in our little area.  Actually, shopping for any type of craft supplies requires a 45 mile trip, unless Wal-Mart has it, which is a 20 mile trip.   I know there is so much available online, but there are some things you just want to see and touch before you buy!  I do have a button box full of old (and not so old) buttons, but you know, there isn't always just what you need.  And there's the annoyance factor of searching through about a thousand buttons for just the right one!

So.... that's why I like the sliding knot closure, you don't have to search for a button that matches and it's adjustable so you don't have to worry about it being exactly the right size.

This bracelet is going to be part of a birthday gift (from my Mom) for my nephew's fiance'.   When she asked me for a bracelet for her, I tried to think of something a young woman would like.

My nephew was in the Army and was recently discharged.  While stationed at Ft. Hood, he met the girl of his dreams and proposed!  They just arrived back in Kansas last weekend so I haven't had a chance to meet her yet, but from what I hear from everyone that has, she's a doll!  Unbeknownst to them, my sister snapped this photo while she was visiting them in Texas. 

Aren't they sweet?

~Thought for Today~

"Take each other for better or worse, but not for granted."
~Arlene Dahl

P.S.  Is anyone else having problems with Blogger's "Preview" button?  I haven't been able to use it on my last several posts.

2 comments:

Just A Tish said...

What a sweet story, and a sweet gift! That bracelet is sooo cute! this is the neatest design. the wrap bracelets are so popular, I love how you put your twist on it!

Lou said...

Lovelovelove this post!!! And you! And you're right...she is a doll!