"I don't want to brag or make anybody jealous or anything, but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school."
Welcome to my blog! When I started this blog it was all about wire crochet jewelry. I fell in love with the first piece I saw and I had to learn how. I was "hooked"!
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
As a design partner with Artbeads I got to choose items from their huge selection of pendants, charms and glass beads for the theme, "Summertime". It was such a hard decision because they have so much to choose from. I looked and looked but just kept coming back to this stoneware peace sign pendant. I just love the bright flowers and little lady bug (and the peace sign!). This is such a fun pendant! The colors are so bright and it has a nice glossy finish.
Checkout Artbeads' "The World Greatest Bead" Sweepstakes. Click here for details!
How do we change the world?
One single act of random kindness at a time.
~from the movie, Evan Almighty
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
I have received the Kreativ Blogger Award! It's my first and I received it from Rose of Ahtee's Blog and Jessica of To Bead or Not To Bead What A Question! Please check out these lovely ladies' blogs!
1. Post the award on my blog
2. Thank the person who gave me the award
3. Link the person who gave me this award
4. Share 7 things that you probably don't know about me
5. Choose 7 great bloggers to give the award to
6. Share a link to their blogs
7. Leave a comment on their blog
OK, for the things you probably don't know about me...
1. My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary this year.
2. My parents had two daughters, eight years apart. I had two daughters, eight years apart. What are the odds of that happening?!
3. I'm basically shy. I hate being the center of attention.
4. I ride a Harley Trike.
5. I hate winter!
6. I have a sweet tooth. I'd rather have dessert than the meal!
7. I have always loved doing "crafty" things.
The 7 Bloggers that I give this award to are:
1. Lisa at A Bead A Day. I look forward each day to Lisa's post!
2. Pearl at The Beading Gem's Journal. So much helpful and interesting information on this blog!
3. Keirsten at The Cerebral Dilettante. I love her style!
4. Dawn at Designs by Dawn Marie. Always upbeat and full of helpful information!
5. Jewelry Mama at Jewelry Mama. She has invited us to join her journey into jewelry making!
6. Cindy at Sweet Bead Studio. Love her wire wrapping and the glimpses into her life!
7. Erin at Treasures Found: Inspiration is Everywhere. Erin and her blog are full of Inspiration!
Take a look at the blogs of these "kreativ" women! They all make beautiful jewelry!
I love that the internet and blogging has made it possible for strangers to connect, share their inspiration and become friends without ever meeting!
Your whole life comes alive when you have the courage to follow your dream, to create change, and to do what is right over what is easy.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
I saw a bracelet using sequins in one of my books and being a lover of "bling" I wanted to try it! I bought a mixed bag of sequins and as I was sorting them, the red, blue and silver ones just caught my eye. I was hoping to have it finished for a Memorial Day post but didn't get it done in time.
It also includes silver lined clear seed beads and red bugle beads. It's actually pretty wide, about an inch and a half, including the sequins. I really think I'd prefer it on a smaller scale, but it is pretty and sparkly and has lots of Bling!
I think these would be neat for twirlers or school spirit bracelets.
What do you think of it?
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson