Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! When I started this blog it was all about wire crochet jewelry. I fell in love with the first piece I saw and I had to learn how. I was "hooked"!



Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Winter Enchantment" with Artbeads

Artbeads asked their blog partners to create a ‘Winter Enchantment’ design that represents what you find beautiful or inspirational about the winter season.  Well, this one stumped me because, quite honestly, there’s not much that I find enchanting about winter!

The definition of enchantment is “a magical spell, charm or bewitchment, in traditional fairy tales or fantasy” so I decided to use the literal definition and create a winter fantasy!

"Enchanted Garden"

I cast a magical spell and created an “Enchanted Garden” where roses bloom in the wintertime.  Take the key, unlock the gate and step into my garden...

Roses are climbing everything in sight, a vision of pink against a solid backdrop of ice and snow.  The sun is shining brightly, making everything to sparkle as if it's been sprinkled with glitter.  The sun is warm on your shoulders allowing you to linger and enjoy the beautiful sight just a little while longer....



For my design, I chose Crystal and White Porphyr Czech Fire Polished beads (ice and snow), 10mm Round Silver Foil beads with Pink Roses, and Rose Swarovski Crystals from their glass beads.  I used a sweet little sterling silver skeleton key charm and I also chose a large silver-plated pewter twist ring to hang the key from as if it was a key ring. 


And last but not least I added the silver-plated Leaves Toggle clasp.  I thought it fit with the garden theme and looked like it belonged in a fairy tale.


Thank you, Artbeads, for letting me escape the reality of winter for just a little while!

Disclosure: I am a Blogging for Beaders partner with Artbeads. The above noted items were provided to me free of charge, to be used for design purposes, or for my honest review of them. I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received.

6 comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Jana, this is a beautiful piece! Not just for winter enchantment, but beautiful for bridal, spring and so many more. Great design my dear!
{Hugs!}

Francy said...

WOW! You knocked that design out of the ball park. Love those beads with the roses on them.

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Jana, this is great! Very pretty!

www.shannyruns.com

Cindy said...

Jana, I love the twist you dreamed up based on the Winter Enchantment theme! I love the idea of the pink roses in the snow...just so pretty and romantic. :-) I'll have to check out those silver foil beads - they are gorgeous. You outdid yourself again!

Azure Accessories said...

Gorgeous Jana...you fit the theme perfectly...I often forget about the theme and do what comes to mind...will have to try harder!

Have a great day...
Cheers

Jewelry box history said...

It's pretty good and great cheers to eyes.Wonderful piece..It's simply mind blowing and a fabulous piect to be gifted to owe one's heart.