Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! When I started this blog it was all about wire crochet jewelry. I fell in love with the first piece I saw and I had to learn how. I was "hooked"!



Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Madison" & Anniversary of Wire Crochet


"Madison" is created with Rose Quartz beads on silver wire and has matching earrings.  There are a lot of  beads in this one, assorted shapes and sizes.  Most of them are fairly large so it's a nice chunky one, yet the  soft shades of pale pink and white give it a delicate look. 

This month marks the anniversary of my journey into wire crochet.  On November 21st last year our daughter was in a serious car accident.  She was hit by a drunk driver who didn't stop at a major highway intersection. While sitting with her during the weeks after the accident, I began experimenting with wire crochet.  The journey has continued  for a year now and I still love it!  I'd like to thank the ladies I have "met" online for their kind words and encouragement and the ladies locally who have purchased my designs!

I'd also like to say how thankful I am for the blessing of family.  I love you all and am so thankful for every one of you!  Happy Thanksgiving!

~Today's Quote~

Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments.
~Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy


5 comments:

Lisa Crone said...

You are so sweet, wow you have been through a lot!! I'm also thankful to know you and LOVE your creativity and the beauty you create with wire crochet, it's amazing! :)

Davinia said...

Stunning necklace and earrings. They just seem to glow, it would make a beautiful bridal piece. I love all your pieces and am now a follower.

Esther said...

jana!! beautiful!! very pure!! what a work!!

Cindy said...

Jana, I didn't realize this is how/when you got started with wire crochet. I hope your dear daughter is doing much better now.

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

Thank you all! I'd like to add that after nearly a year of wound care our daughter has recovered and has been released from the doctors. We are blessed.